Successful expats share their top tips about living and working in the kingdom
According to CNBC article that was published at the end of 2022, Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, is listed as the sixth-best city to live and work in. The article showed the results of a survey about living and working in the kingdom and these were the results:
About two-thirds associate Thailand with a higher quality of life and excellent health care. The country is also praised for its relatively high disposable income and that the ‘land of smile’ is a culturally interesting place to live.
The decision to relocate to Bangkok requires preparation, and there are certain measures that future European expats should take into consideration before deciding to immigrate. BrandNow.asia interviewed exceptional European professionals currently working and living in Thailand to get their tips and insights.
- Vibeke Lyssand Leirvag Owner of high-end jewelry manufacturer Felicia Design, Vice President TNCC, Chairwoman JFCCT, Advisor to BoT
- Ingmar Heid, Regional Director South East Asia bei Unionpower (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Daniel Bucher Executive Chef & Food Sustainability Manager at Topgolf Thailand
- Diane de Saint Chamaran, Co-Founder, CMO / COO Wasabih | Halal Economy Professional Community
- Anna Downs, Founder & Director at Move Well with Anna
- Koen van Geene, Chief Visionary Officer (CVO) at SmartFinder
- Kris Withouck, Managing Director at Alcami Manufacturing Co., Ltd
- Hans van den Born, Commercial Connector – Membership Business Associations Hospitality & Corporate events Professional
The video series is called “Europeans in Thailand,” and it is viewable on YouTube. It contains valuable information shared by these highly successful European professionals listed above. These executives and entrepreneurs shared their inspiration to relocate, advice, and recommendations on how to work and live in Thailand. The common advice is the importance of doing proper research in advance about the country, cultural differences, and how to build connections. Having a network in Thailand, as well as Asia, is very important for doing business.
By scanning this QR, it will direct you to the Europeans in Thailand video series.